Saturday, February 14, 2009

Feb. 14th Happy Valentine's Day-Homeless in Dallas


It's great to have family. We came up to John's last night to spend the weekend. They have a gorgeous TX style and sized home in Allen, TX. It's cloudy and a lot cooler than Houston. Marathon is finally getting off their duffs and starting some movement. They called Jim for a telephonic interview yesterday afternoon. Now they want to fly us to Findlay, Ohio, HQ for Marathon, next week for a face to face interview. Hopefully, this will work out, they will find a suitable spot for Jim, and we can recover our stuff. Findlay, Ohio, doesn't thrill me, but if this is God's will, then I will accept it for the current time. Jim and I both know that God is totally in charge of this movement, and we need to be obedient.




Today made me want to double up and just hold onto those I love. Our good friend, Katie Rowe passed away last Saturday. She was exactly my age and had only been retired a few years. It seems like people work so hard and plan for the next stage of life, then many times, it doesn't happen. We have no guarantees, so enjoying each moment-crazy as it may be at times-is the most important thing. I'm still meditating on: "Take no thought of what you will eat or what you will wear. Look at the lilies of the field. They toil not, neither do they spin. Yet God takes care of them; He will take care of Jim, me, and our loved ones. (My addition)! But it still bears meditating on.




Tomorrow we go to Rev. TD Jakes, Potter's Church. I'm excited. Don't think Jim is quite as much, but we will get up and be there by the 800 am service in downtown Dallas.




No comments:

Post a Comment