Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Tuesday, Feb 3rd-Day 19 in Exile


Nothing is happening today, other than the Hilton Garden Inn & Refugee Camp screwed up our credit card, charging our card with the entire balance. The oil companies were supposed to take care of that. I lost it, but Jim took care of this with AMPCO's HR lady, and it's all worked out. I do NOT need one more added bit of stress in this entire drama.


I did get some microdermabrasion yesterday. That felt really good, and I'm glad I treated myself. I cannot find anyone who wants to take over the spouse's list for Malabo (in case we don't go back). My devotional was from Psalm 37, "Fret not for evil doers..." I think I also need to revisit Joseph's story. Twice in the prison, unjustly accused, before he took over 2nd in command of Egypt. I hope there is some similarity in our story. I don't want to lose hope. Jm is working this morning. This afternoon we are going to work out at the 24 Hour Fitness next door, then drive to Galveston to check it out. Trying to keep upbeat, trusting in the Lord. He has provided us with some wonderful Angels-Janet and Charles Hall, whom I met on the plane (Janet) who invited us to her church, The Fellowship of the Woodlands. A Mega church with 14,000 members, but it was very good-a good sermon on taking care of our finances. Hah! But we are maintaining our belief that God is in charge. Jim is truly being very strong in all this. My faith waivers-when I think about the injustice of this entire thing, I get very down, but there is absolutely nothing we can do except wait, pray, and trust God. "In everything give thanks for this is the will of God, in Christ Jesus concerning you (me)." Lesson learned, life can turn on a dime, literally.

No comments:

Post a Comment