Thursday, February 19, 2009

Feb. 19th Homeless in Houston-The Saga Unfolds

Angel and I at Southfork, JR's Ranch in "Dallas." (Feb. 15th, 2009).



Equatorial Guinea Arrests 15 Over Attack on Capital, AFP Says
Email Print A A A
By Vernon Wessels
Feb. 19 (Bloomberg) -- Equatorial Guinea authorities arrested 15 people yesterday over an attack on the capital, Malabo,
Agence France-Presse said, citing an announcement broadcast on state radio.
One attacker was killed in the presidential palace and several were injured when their boats were destroyed before reaching the city, the news agency reported.
Equatorial Guinea blamed the attack on Nigerian militant group, the Movement for the Emancipation of the Niger Delta, which has denied any involvement, AFP said.
To contact the reporter on this story:
Vernon Wessels in Johannesburg at vwessels@bloomberg.net Last Updated: February 19, 2009 01:07 EST


What can I say to the above info? Jim has been getting daily updates about the latest crisis in EQ. He should be there as that what he does best-go figure the lunacy of this entire situation.

Ok, so we go to Ohio in a one day travel marathon so that Jim can interview for a job. In his typical self-he gets up at four am to prep for the interview, reading tons of documents to make sure he goes into this "battle" ever ready and armed. THEN he finds out that there is another candidate. Now heretofore he had been told that no one else was applying for the position, that it hadn't been advertised, and he was the only candidate. When he came back from the interview and told me this, I lost it! Now maybe, just maybe, I'm a little paranoid, but at this point in the game, I think paranoia might be a good thing with this company, since from the time we got kicked out of EQ nothing, nothing at all has gone like one would think. In my elementary logic I would think they would want to ensure that we were at least communicated with and not left in this state of limbo one week out of the end of our pay? hotel? food? transportation? It doesn't seem that the left hand has talked to the right hand, nor the fingers, nor the toes! Also, Marathon told us that they had all of our stuff except for the three boxes of Jim's professional books-come to find out, the gov't of EQ has ALL of our stuff still in custody, and now with this above outbreak in violence, I'm not sure we'll ever see it again. If something doesn't happen, I think we will have to see a lawyer. This inconsideration should be worth some sort of monetary compensation as well as paying us for the loss of our household items.

I do know that our situation isn't the worst case scenario. I was talking to Terrance, one of the desk clerks here at the Homeless Hotel. He came to Houston from Hurricane Katrina with his flip flops, a pair of short, a tank top and 50.00 in his pocket. He got here, couldn't find his wife and son for 6 months. FEMA gave him 900.00 to start his new life. Talk about a story! He was so positive, and I asked him how he coped through it all. He told me that he said lots of prayers to God, refused to look back, it was what it was and he couldn't change it, and he had to focus on getting his family back together and get a job. Talk about the best advice anyone could give-that was it-and he's lived it! God keeps giving me people to show me how very fortunate we still are i spite of this upset. I mean, Jim and I have his retirement from the military, our military health benefits, a good renter with a new one in the wings when this one leaves, our health, and each other nd a little savings. Plus, AMPCO is at least paying for eveything through the 28th. God has also provided people like Janet and Charles Hall. Janet has been a Godsend, picking me up for Bible Studies, Spanish, and having us to dinner, and even offering their home after our time runs out here. I need to really reflect on these blessings; I know I talk it, but walking it is so much more difficult. Jim has such a great attitude and faith. I guess, to me, it seems so unfair to him, because he is such a good man, with such strong character-he's as honest as the day is long and would not deliberately hurt anyone. And I see him being so misused-it just torks me, truly! Hurt me, don't hurt him.

But it is what it is, and I must join him in focusing on the next leg of the journey. I had hoped to avoid Plan B which basically means we have to move in with his mother and our mother until he gets a job. Who would have thought at nearly 60 years old I would be moving in with my in-law and mother. Oh, ugh I know they are wonderful people, but I really need my own nest. Guess God is thinking differently, huh?

Stay tuned as the drama continues to unfold. I need to work out to relieve some of this depression. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment