Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Feb. 18th "Homeless in Houston" Ohio Version




Pics of Jim and me at the Houston airport chasing another dream-
Here we go again. When I stop to think about what has been happening this past month, it doesn't seem real-Malabo to Paris, Paris to Dallas, Dallas to Houston, Dallas to Tennessee, Tennessee to Houston, Houston to Dallas, Dallas to Houston, and today, Houston to Ohio. Sometimes I wake up and don't even know what room I'm in. The other night at John's, I literally walked out of the bedroom trying to figure out where the bathroom was. John saw me on the balcony and thought I might fall. He was poised to pick me up before I tumbled down the stairs. Guess I was sleepwalking.




Today we are in Findlay, Ohiom HQ for Marathon Oil's National Operations. Findlay is literally in the middle of nowhere. We landed in Columbus and drove two hours through fields and fields to get here. The town is fairly nice from what I saw, but it's still not anywhere I would choose to live. But, if Jim gets this job, I won't complain, because it seems like this is where God is taking us whether we like it or not! I told Jim that I feel like I'm on a rollercoaster, holding on with bare knuckles, and just waiting to see where this bloody thing ends. This machine is taking us places that I would never choose in a trillion years! And my daughter-in-law wants us to sign up for the Amazing Race! My good Lord, we are living the Amazing Race right now!




It's raining and brrrrr cold. Jim and I flew up yesterday. Marathon would not pay for my ticket since they are saying he is "technically" on an interview and not employed by Marathon upstream yet. The difference in upstream and downstream is this: downstream gets the oil out of the ground; upstream sells it (or something pretty close)! Anyway, I think they are starting to try to back off and just make us go away without a law suit. They do not know what to do with Jim, since nothing like this has ever happened to them before. Our possessions we found out are still being held in customs in EQ by the government. Marathon had told us they were working on getting everythig back. They lied. Not sure we'll ever see our things again. I know it's just stuff and can be replaced, but we had some family pictures, my Total Gym, our Christmas Dishes, clothes, Jim's USMC Officer's uniform-it just sucks-truly! But complaining won't change anything. It is what it is. Anwyay, if Jim doesn't get this position, the we are SOL after the 28th of Feb. Then we will have to resort to plan C. I'll dilineate that more later.




Yesterday, there was a boatload of people who landed in Malabo, got off the boat and started shooting. I called my friend, Kitty, who's still on compound. She told me they are on lockdown and no one can leave the compound for now and haven't since last Saturday, Feb. 14th.




I keep wanting to know why this had to happen. Jim is so good at what he does; he is an honest, intelligent person with more character in his little finger than most of us have. I just don't get it. The only thing that keeps coming to me is the story of Joseph in he Bible. Joseph was twice thrown into prison and falsly accused. He kept rising to the top of where he was in whatever place he found himself. I have no doubt that Jim will come out on top of this situation. He is such a positive person. However, I have seen him waiver, and I need to be strong and hold him up in prayer and be supportive and not complain because Marathon has screwed us over.




So, I sit in yet another hotel room writing this bloody blog in yet another state. Through this all I don't know much except that God is on His throne and all is right with the world; Jim continues to be my rock and strength; my famiy is wonderful, each in their own way, and we have much to be thankful for in spite of this current insanity!

No comments:

Post a Comment