Saturday, February 14, 2009

Feb. 14th Homeless in Houston-Dallas Chapter

I didn't submit yesterday, because so much was going on. Workout, pedicure, hair, grocery store, then Jim came home and we drove up to Dallas to visit John, his brother, and Angel, John's wife. Got here about 800. Met John at the Olive Garden. Angel was taking hula lessons.

Today we worked out at the local gym; Jim bought a basketball and shot hoops, and we've just hung out. It's cloudy, cold, and gloomy here in Dallas. I got a Facebook from my son, Rich, that our good friend, Katie Rowe, had died last Saturday. Katie was good friends with both Jim and me in Sigonella. She and I talked at least a couple of times a year about politics, history, etc. She was a wonderful, woman, and I shall miss knowing she's on this planet. The world was a better place because of Katie. Her liver gave out according to her husband, Bob. I called and talked to him, but there's really nothing a person can say in this situation. They had retired just a few years ago, and seemed to be enjoying their lives on Cape Cod. So very very sad. It just makes me want to stay as close to Jim as possible; nothing is guaranteed, is it?

Then my wonderful inspirational friend from Korea, Lou Ann Skinner, called to check up on us. She was sharing with me that she had gone to Morrocco, slept in the desert, and taken a hot air balloon ride. What a lady! She makes life and doesn't wait on it to happen to her.

Jim had an interview yesterday for a position with Marathon in Findlay, Ohio. They want to fly us to Findlay next week for a face to face interview. If it works out, I'll let you know more. This would be the easiest transition all the way around. But, it's not over, as Jim says, until the fat lady sings; she's getting ready to go on stage, but she hasn't opened her mouth yet! We do believe that God took us to Guinea; He closed the door to return, so we are open to the next path He's going to open up for us!

Stay tuned. . .

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Perry Girl!, anyone can tell you'r going back to Gu.. Glad I have hooked up with you again.. first cuz. love .. ol albert ,abbo ..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not going back, Albert. Going somewhere,but not going back there. Read my latest blog about the violence that just took place over the weekend.

    ReplyDelete